Sunday, June 01, 2008

"Happy, Happy Week-end" said the Hippie to the sky...

"Hey, I've got an idea! Let's pretend we're at the beach......."

And so we did. Twenty four hours of "feel the love, save the seawall"....All in make~believe.

The little round river grew and grew and grew until it was bottomless and the waves tumbled madly, splashing us, dunking us, pulling us out to sea.....
Blue dolphins circled, an up and down parade of laughter, and we joined them, riding without saddles until we were dizzy, and I was the first one off, falling face first to kiss the ocean. Eyes wide open, the water was champagne, bubbly and delicious and I was tipsy by the time I came up for air, mermaid tail swishing......this way, that way, this way to Treasure Island....

To the Tiki Bar....

To the Sunset.....
To a week at the beach....

At midnight we played SeaCinderella, barefooted and silly....swirling and twirling, paisley shadows under the moon.....

The handsome Prince with the beer moustache laughing, drinking from glass slippers....thirsty for more....

It's Sunday now. And it's quiet. All that's left behind is a blue vinyl pool and sun on my nose....





12 comments:

Unknown said...

I have been unable to locate a Tiki bar, so I have elected to create my own. May the rest of your summer be as tropical as Polynesia, as sweet as a rum cocktail, as wacky and as uncomplicated as the vinyl version of the 1950s I have in my mind.

singleton said...

Electric....Ta!Dah! I love it! Tiki Bar in your living room! Thank you for the perfect summer tidings! I wish we could bottle them, and pass them out to the world! And now you've got me goin'.....Skinny and I will start scavenging souveniers for your Electric Tiki, hand me down and found treasures from our trip! Sandbuckets, clamshells, and driftwood....rusty ole signs of the times....paper umbrellas and coconut shells!

Peace~love
Happy Hour begins at home!

skinnylittleblonde said...

Memories, sun on your nose and I bet, some grains of sand hidden between those toes!
ILYGSVM!~

~Babs said...

Sun on the nose
paint on the toes
champagne water of blue vinyl heaven.

Celebrate!
She's here,,,,Summer

i beati said...

just the way Sundays should be Ahhhh

Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

This was a nice bookend to my day by the pool, sunning myself and swimming. Today was a good day, Mr. Cube.

singleton said...

Sweeetsweetskinny......Oh God, I can't wait for you to get here! To roll toe to toe in the periwinkles, to Pop! beers, to float like driftwood~north and south~ and beach ourselves like silver whales when we're pruned! I cannot wait! ILYSVVM!

Babs....Blue Vinyl heaven! With the pretend tile Disco Floor and the spring fed outflow.....with just enough room to do forty laps in less than five, and just deep enough to wear socks to mop the ocean floor! Bring it on summertime!

Ibeati....Perfect! Clink!

Ultra....Awwwww, I'm so glad you're havin' a good time! Where are you man? Here's to all the days left....May they all be good, Mr Cube!

Peace~love my friends
Let's hear it for the good ole summertime!

Maithri said...

oh Wow,

I needed to read your words today my friend,

All my love to you, M

singleton said...

Maithri....
And mine to you! Miss you sweet friend....
wishing you peace, laughter, and love

Scott from Oregon said...

Gell US!

kj said...

girl, you write so fine!!!!

take my money, take my favorite shoes even, but leave me my imagination. how else can i join you in that seaside kitty pool?

:)

singleton said...

Scott....? :)

KJ...Join me....
In the living, lovin', laughin'....

peace~love and blow up pools.....
Mermaids, like butterflies, are free