Monday, August 11, 2008

"Will you be my friend?"

I layed belly to the sky, toes draped lazily over the edge of the yellow vinyl raft, fingers air drumming in the water....drifting....in circles. I never opened my eyes, pretending to know when the clouds passed and exactly how they were shaped by the heat on my eyelids.....rubber stamps of sunshine in the cool negative shape of angels, elephants on their hind legs, horses with wings.....

I listened to the wind. To the trinkets in the sky. The natty faded towels on the clothesline; a sudden parade of American Flags....exactly the same size, the same color, as my kindegarten year.....hand over my heart ....the fabric billowing, the chain clanking hauntingly against the pole. Squirrels, or rats maybe, I don't know, ratatatted back and forth across the crooked fence line, racing madly to nowhere. There was traffic in the distance, and then close. Boom boxes rattling. Gears shifting. A siren. Still, I didn't open my eyes. This was my peace. And I was gonna live it.....

I don't remember dreaming. I don't remember the 45 minutes I disappeared from earth forever.

But I remembered how I got there. Comfy cozy in the lazy round river. Waiting on the boys. Floating round and round and round....saying thank you......

16 comments:

skinnylittleblonde said...

Lol...I love You Sister Sooooo Very Much! Float, dream and drift...

eric1313 said...

Porch party?

eric1313 said...

clink!

Me said...

Sweet elements of Earth :)

Maithri said...

Honestly my sister,

When I read your words... I am just magicked away from it all... transported...

to a world where peace is found
even through siren songs and half closed eyes...

Often I feel as though, If i could just spend a few minutes, an hour, here each day...reading...sifting through the painted flags you've left along the way...

and learn from your grace...

Then I know i would be a better man.

Thank you for being in this world.

You will never know how much peace you bring.

My deep love to you, M

Anonymous said...

omg! I love your blog!
Don't quite know how I got here, followed a link off a link off a link.....
but I'll be back, it's totally cool here!
Peace & hugs

singleton said...

skinny....LOL! I do remember how I woke up! The damned telephone rang, and I reached over to shut off the alarm, and landed face first in the crystal round river! ILYSVVM.... Counting.....to change!

Eric....Ahhh, missed you friend! Rattle the those tin cans!

Orhan....:) Gosh, sometimes I get so damned lost in this concrete beep-beep world of ours, I forget the awesome world, the bigger world, the best we have to offer. It was so nice....to live it again!

Maithri....What we all need is one big pool party in the lazy round river.....toe to toe, eyes closed....playing telephone tag, singing, telling stories, laughing, crying.......
and love growing......

Bohemian Mama....I love your name! Ahhhhh, reminiscent of my very own life! Welcome new friend!

Peace~love....
Round and round we go....

Chris Benjamin said...

live it all night long and into the late morning.

eric1313 said...

clink!

eric1313 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
eric1313 said...

wake up,

sunshine

dreaming of legs made
of godflesh

a rousing
"i told you so"
full lipped
sly-so
smile falling on you

just in time....

wake up

you sleep softly
cloaked
in
a blanket
that smells like she's still there

even when she's gone with the morning wind

and long after that
she's still there

still there

but
it's time to wake up,
sunshine

it's time to let tomorrow
be

today

you'll find a new dream

even if you never forget
that one
that wrapped your body
night after night

you'll find a new one

...

There goes another one
right now...

wake up

sunshine

Unknown said...

Lovely.

singleton said...

Benji....I'm gonna copy those words exactly and Clink! to that! Perfect, absolutely perfect toast!

Eric...
New dreams.....ahhhh, even if we never forget the old ones....
The wisdom of a dreamer!
Clink!

Saintly....
TY! So nice to see you friend....

Peace~love Boys.....
Clink!

i beati said...

we surely take it where we can get it ..sandy

~Babs said...

I was completely immersed in your round river with you,,round and round, hearing what you heard,,,seeing/feeling what you felt.
You do this so well!

And I lOVE the photo at the beginning.

singleton said...

Ibeati....Amen, sister, Amen!

Babs....Lazy rivers open anytime! And it has never, ever been just a blue vinyl pool.....
Pics are from a river ride with a friend last week....
a quiet getaway to another world, just out my backdoor...At dusk the vultures came, one, two, three, ten, dozens and dozens and set up camp in the dead river trees. It was unbelievable....Breathtaking...
These would be the first to land...and assume their Mannequin still life poses.....

Peace~love Girls
It's what it's all about!